ZAHRAH ALI ALMUZOUGHI TEEBAR
The school of Humanities is one of the founding schools of the Libyan Academy for higher studies in Tripoli.the Department of political science and law was one of the main departments started by the academy since 1989. It included a number of departments and divisions in various sciences, including the Department of information and libraries, the Department of Social Sciences established in 2002, which included the divisions of psychology, sociology, philosophy, social service, and the Department of Education Sciences. The Department of Social Sciences developed into a school of Social Sciences that contained nine departments as follows: Department of psychology with two divisions: “psychological guidance and counseling division and childhood Division” – Department of Sociology – Department of History – Department of geography with three divisions:” geographical studies, environmental studies, urban planning” – department of Social Work – Department of interpretation with two divisions:” hermeneutics and religious thought” – Department of Educational Sciences with two divisions:” educational administration, educational curricula” – Department of information studies with two divisions:” Libraries, Archives” – Department of law with four divisions::” international law, public law, private law, and criminal law”. The name of the school of Social Sciences changed to be announced as the school of Humanities in the spring semester of 2005, which constitutes the above – mentioned nine departments, with the exception of the Department of interpretation, which turned into the Department of Islamic Studies and philosophy with two divisions:” Islamic Studies and philosophy”.
To continuously develop the processes of education and scientific research in all departments of the humanities to achieve excellence in line with the vision of the Academy.
The mission of the school of Humanities is to prepare graduates scientifically, educationally and professionally, and to develop scientific research to enrich human knowledge in order to raise the level of human development in society and address issues that fall within the scope of the humanities in commitment to the principle of achieving equal opportunities for all.
- Contribute to the localization of graduate studies.
- Providing a distinguished educational environment in order to prepare cadres of “human elements” from graduates who are highly scientifically qualified in their field of specialization.
- New specializations and programs will be introduced to keep pace with the continuous scientific development and the need of society for them in order to achieve the treatment of problems that hinder the process of progress and creativity.
- Count a generation of researchers and university professors who are able to contribute to the development of education and scientific research “research and teaching.
- Continuous development of educational programs that support human development, the adoption of the principle of self-and external evaluation.
- Developing the research and educational capabilities of the school's teaching staff through internal and external courses, seminars and scientific conferences.
- Providing scientific consultations related to the humanities to various community institutions.
- Encouraging the movement of authorship and translation, and issuing scientific journals specialized in the humanities.
- Developing and encouraging scientific cooperation and exchange between the school and its counterparts from other institutions in order to achieve the goals of the Academy.